Blackberry-Sauced Pork Chops
My family loved these chops from the first time I fixed them. They're as tasty in a skillet as they are grilled, so you can eat them all year long. The sauce is also fantastic with chicken. —Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- In a small saucepan, combine spreadable fruit, lemon juice, soy sauce
- and cinnamon. Cook and stir over low heat until spreadable fruit is
- melted. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle pork chops with steak seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork
- chops; cook 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer
- reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with sauce and
- blackberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce and 1/4 cup berries equals 311 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.