Blackberry-Sauced Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine spreadable fruit, lemon juice, soy sauce and cinnamon. Cook and stir over low heat until spreadable fruit is melted. Remove from heat.
- 2. Sprinkle pork chops with steak seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with sauce and blackberries. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce and 1/4 cup berries equals 311 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Blackberry-Sauced Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.