Blackberry-Sauced Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- In a small saucepan, combine spreadable fruit, lemon juice, soy sauce and cinnamon. Cook and stir over low heat until spreadable fruit is melted. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle pork chops with steak seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with sauce and blackberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Blackberry-Sauced Pork Chops
Sort By :
"This one's a keeper" was what my husband said! I used some black raspberry jam I had on hand and only had teriyaki sauce instead of soy- but it was delicious! I also brined the chops for 2 hrs beforehand which helped them not dry out in cooking .
Internal temp. should be 145 not 160 as that dries pork out to much. Other then that it is good.
This was SO simple, & we loved it! My husband commented on how it looked & tasted as if it were from a restaurant. I used raspberry seedless jam instead of blackberry, & mixed fresh black & raspberries on top. Delicious!
Sauce was especially good. Guests raved about it.