Blackberry Nectarine Pie
Blackberries are a big crop in my area, so I've made this pretty double-fruit pie many times. I can always tell when my husband wants me to bake it because he brings home berries that he picked behind his office. —Linda Chinn, Enumclaw, Washington
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 5 medium nectarines, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- Reduced-fat whipped topping, optional
- In a small saucepan, mix cornstarch and apple juice concentrate until
- smooth. Bring to a boil. Add 1/2 cup blackberries; cook and stir 2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss nectarines with remaining blackberries;
- transfer to crust. Pour apple juice mixture over fruit (crust will
- be full). Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight. If desired,
- serve with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without whipped topping) equals 240 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.