Blackberry Nectarine Pie
"Blackberries are abundant here in Washington, so I've made this pretty double-fruit pie many times," says Linda Chinn of Enumclaw. "I can always tell when my husband wants me to bake it because he'll bring home blackberries that he picked behind his office."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 5 medium nectarines, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- Reduced-fat whipped topping, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice concentrate
- until smooth. Bring to a boil. Add 1/2 cup of blackberries; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Toss the nectarines and remaining blackberries; place in the crust.
- Pour apple juice mixture over fruit (crust will be full). Cover and
- refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped topping
- if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One slice (calculated without whipped topping) equals 248 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.