Blackberry Nectarine Pie Recipe
"Blackberries are abundant here in Washington, so I've made this pretty double-fruit pie many times," says Linda Chinn of Enumclaw. "I can always tell when my husband wants me to bake it because he'll bring home blackberries that he picked behind his office."
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 5 medium nectarines, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- Reduced-fat whipped topping, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Bring to a boil. Add 1/2 cup of blackberries; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Toss the nectarines and remaining blackberries; place in the crust. Pour apple juice mixture over fruit (crust will be full). Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry Nectarine Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blackberry Nectarine Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Pie Recipes >
- Blackberry Pies >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >