Blackberry Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture alternately with milk. beating well after each addition. Fold in blackberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Blackberry Muffins(29)
Sort By :
Perfect blackberry muffins. Soft, moist, and the perfect amount of blackberries and butter and sugar. Great combination and delicious.
These were amazing! I used brown and white sugar instead of all sugar. I made a topping for them with butter, sugar and flour. They are really good. Such a wonderful starting recipe for a variety of flavors. Thank you!!
A Perfect Simple Taste!
Awesome! Very moist. I could have used a little less sugar and they still would have been yummy. We followed the instructions step by step and both my daughters loved them! Thanks for posting .
YUM! Even my kid who usually eats around the fruit in muffins ate these without complaining. Reduced sugar to 1 c. in the muffins and used turbindado sugar sprinkled on top for a nice crunch.