Blackberry Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture alternately with milk. beating well after each addition. Fold in blackberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Blackberry Muffins(26)
Sort By :
Awesome! Very moist. I could have used a little less sugar and they still would have been yummy. We followed the instructions step by step and both my daughters loved them! Thanks for posting .
YUM! Even my kid who usually eats around the fruit in muffins ate these without complaining. Reduced sugar to 1 c. in the muffins and used turbindado sugar sprinkled on top for a nice crunch.
Delicious recipe!! Made 1/2 of the recipe which yielded about 6-7 regular sized muffins (all husband and I can handle) and they were all gone by the end of the day. I followed the recipe with my only changes being using a slight bit less sugar (just didn't heap it, still used an appropriate amount) and using slightly less berries (mix of black & blueberries). The sugar top made each muffin deliciously crispy and I even melted a touch of butter and drizzled it on top and let cool before serving. YUM. Can't wait to make again.
I loved this recipe. I followed it step by step. The only thing I will do different next time is reduce the blackberries and cut them in half first. This was very moist, perfectly sweet and tasted amazing with butter brushed on it.
These are so moist and delicious.