- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture alternately with milk. beating well after each addition. Fold in blackberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Blackberry Muffins
Sort By :
"I was looking for a simple but tasty blackberry muffin recipe and stumbled upon this one. It is easy, most ingredients you have in your kitchen, and they are delicious. I had blackberries in my freezer I picked out of our yard in the fall in the Cascades in Wa. It only calls for 2 cups, but believe me when I say they are so many bites of your berry it is unbelievable. I tried regular and large muffins and found the regular ones were much better in many ways. I cooked this recipe in the Wolfgang Pressure Oven and it was mouth watering! Like any recipe, adjust to your health needs accordingly and test it. My next batch will be made with coconut sugar. You will not be disappointed in this one!!!"
"Just made mini muffins and we loved them (14 minutes). I can not wait to get more berries to try and freeze some."
"Very easy to make, and delicious - the muffins were light! Great use of my wild blackberries! I wish I could add a picture!"
"Excellent. Easy and delicious. I have also used peaches (chopped) and raspberries. All were great!"
"I made these today. A batch of blackberry and a batch of blueberry. Very Good. Tho we have to watch our cholesterol I had to adapt a bit. Used Smart Balance instead of butter. Only used 1 cup of sugar and half of that was sweetener. For the salt, I used No Salt. *****"