Blackberry Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture alternately with milk. beating well after each addition. Fold in blackberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Blackberry Muffins(31)
Sort By :
I made these today. A batch of blackberry and a batch of blueberry. Very Good. Tho we have to watch our cholesterol I had to adapt a bit. Used Smart Balance instead of butter. Only used 1 cup of sugar and half of that was sweetener. For the salt, I used No Salt. *****
What a pain to sign up! I had to put a rather rude fake address in. Like I'm going to give my real address and suffer with crap mail!
Other than the messed up sign up sheet, these muffins rocked! I added less than a cup of sugar, and half end the berries, but the were moist and addictive! My kids loved hem too!
Perfect blackberry muffins. Soft, moist, and the perfect amount of blackberries and butter and sugar. Great combination and delicious.
These were amazing! I used brown and white sugar instead of all sugar. I made a topping for them with butter, sugar and flour. They are really good. Such a wonderful starting recipe for a variety of flavors. Thank you!!
A Perfect Simple Taste!