- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture alternately with milk. beating well after each addition. Fold in blackberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Blackberry Muffins
Sort By :
Just made mini muffins and we loved them (14 minutes). I can not wait to get more berries to try and freeze some.
Very easy to make, and delicious - the muffins were light! Great use of my wild blackberries! I wish I could add a picture!
Excellent. Easy and delicious. I have also used peaches (chopped) and raspberries. All were great!
I made these today. A batch of blackberry and a batch of blueberry. Very Good. Tho we have to watch our cholesterol I had to adapt a bit. Used Smart Balance instead of butter. Only used 1 cup of sugar and half of that was sweetener. For the salt, I used No Salt. *****
What a pain to sign up! I had to put a rather rude fake address in. Like I'm going to give my real address and suffer with crap mail!
Other than the messed up sign up sheet, these muffins rocked! I added less than a cup of sugar, and half end the berries, but the were moist and addictive! My kids loved hem too!