This is a great beverage for any summer gathering, whenever blackberries are in seasonusually June and July. It has a tangy, refreshing flavor.Rich Murray, Nevada, Missouri
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 to 2 drops blue food coloring, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups water and sugar to a boil. Boil for
- 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in the
- lemon juice, lemon peel and remaining water; cool slightly.
- In a blender, combine 1 cup of lemon mixture and the blackberries;
- cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds. Pour
- blackberry mixture and remaining lemon mixture into a pitcher; stir
- well. Add food coloring if desired. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve
- in chilled glasses over ice. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 152 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.