These tender muffins are bursting with flavor, and they remind me of spring. Garnish with grated lemon peel for added color and even more punch from the lemon. —Vicky Palmer, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter and lemon juice until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blackberries.
- Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, melted butter and enough lemon juice to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins. If desired, sprinkle with lemon peel. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Blackberry Lemon Muffins in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Reviews for Blackberry Lemon Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2014
"shouldn't step one be to mix up the dry ingredients?I followed the mixing instructions but did a different topping after baking....they are ok...."
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2014
"Great recipe!!!! I added the lemon peel to the batter. I have substituted the white flour with a whole wheat and added extra 1/2 cup of milk..yummy!"