- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter and lemon juice until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blackberries.
- Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, melted butter and enough lemon juice to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins. If desired, sprinkle with lemon peel. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Blackberry Lemon Muffins
"Any kind of lemon muffins are my absolute favorite. I did add poppy seeds to this recipe which may have changed some of the flavor... but over all I wasn't too impressed with it. I could hardly taste the lemon in the muffin itself. Next time I'm definitely adding lemon zest and probably some extract as well."
"shouldn't step one be to mix up the dry ingredients?I followed the mixing instructions but did a different topping after baking....they are ok...."
"Great recipe!!!! I added the lemon peel to the batter. I have substituted the white flour with a whole wheat and added extra 1/2 cup of milk..yummy!"