Blackberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups (32 ounces) fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1. In a food processor, puree blackberries, water and lemon juice. Strain blackberries, reserving juice and pulp. Discard seeds. Return pureed blackberries to food processor; add sugar and vanilla. Cover and process until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine yogurt and blackberry mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When yogurt is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 248 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
"I don't get it. Why would you use frozen yogurt? And the description says it uses vanilla yogurt. I think I'll stick with using regular yogurt and make my own frozen. Lot cheaper too."
"Delicious! My family ate the entire 2 quarts the same day I made it!"
"This recipe sounds refreshing. I think I will try it tommrow"