- 5 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups (32 ounces) fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- In a food processor, puree blackberries, water and lemon juice. Strain blackberries, reserving juice and pulp. Discard seeds. Return pureed blackberries to food processor; add sugar and vanilla. Cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and blackberry mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When yogurt is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
Sort By :
"I don't get it. Why would you use frozen yogurt? And the description says it uses vanilla yogurt. I think I'll stick with using regular yogurt and make my own frozen. Lot cheaper too."
"Delicious! My family ate the entire 2 quarts the same day I made it!"
"This recipe sounds refreshing. I think I will try it tommrow"