Pretty blackberry jam peeks out from behind a thin layer of white chocolate in these soft milk chocolate cookies. The flavors just taste amazing together.—Abby Bullington, Cheyenne, Wyoming
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 4 ounces white candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Add melted chocolate; mix until blended. Gradually beat in flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb. Fill each with 1 teaspoon spreadable fruit.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle or dip cookies with melted candy coating; let stand until set. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Blackberry-Filled Chocolate Thumbprints in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p39
Reviews for Blackberry-Filled Chocolate Thumbprints
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review