Blackberry Custard Torte Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, drained, divided
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in egg until dough forms a ball. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- For filling, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla in another small bowl just until combined. Sprinkle 2 cups blackberries over crust. Carefully pour sour cream mixture over berries. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack (center will fall).
- Remove sides of pan. Top with whipped cream and remaining blackberries. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blackberry Custard Torte(5)
Sort By :
This is an excellent desert, but I have to say that it's far better with strawberries than blackberries. I haven't made it yet without getting a multitude of compliments . This recipes deserves far more attention than it's getting.
great fruit dessert!
This tastes delicious and looks pretty too!
I took this to work today and one of the lawyers asked for the recipe. I said, "for your wife?" He said, no, he was going to make it. Shame on me for making the assumption men don't bake. All my coworkers love it.
That sounds really good, I love to make custard.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >