- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, drained, divided
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in egg until dough forms a ball. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- For filling, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla in another small bowl just until combined. Sprinkle 2 cups blackberries over crust. Carefully pour sour cream mixture over berries. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack (center will fall).
- Remove sides of pan. Top with whipped cream and remaining blackberries. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blackberry Custard Torte
Sort By :
"Excellent this is a keeper"
"This is an excellent desert, but I have to say that it's far better with strawberries than blackberries. I haven't made it yet without getting a multitude of compliments . This recipes deserves far more attention than it's getting."
"great fruit dessert!"
"This tastes delicious and looks pretty too!~ Theresa"
"I took this to work today and one of the lawyers asked for the recipe. I said, "for your wife?" He said, no, he was going to make it. Shame on me for making the assumption men don't bake. All my coworkers love it."