Blackberry Crisp Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place blackberries in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over berries. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Blackberry Crisp(14)
Sort By :
I have been making this recipe for a few years now and it has become a must have with all of our friends. They practically beg me to make it :) I've used this recipe as well as a base recipe and just mixed or used different fruit altogether! Thanks for sharing!
I didn't like the recipe. I cooked it for 10 minutes longer and the crisp did not taste done. It did not have enough sugar or corn starch in it. I wouldn't make it again without totally changing the amount of sugar, flour, cornstarch and time to cook it.
I didn't have enough blackberries so I added some blueberries as well and it was super yummy. My family wasted no time eating it up.
I love this recipe. It was the perfect way to use up all of the fresh blueberries I picked with my family.
For a more detailed review, I have posted about it on my blog, Healthy Living Revelations
I did triple the fruit, ( and all that went
with it, sugar,corn starch, water and lemon juice)
And then I quadrupled the oat flour mixture:)
I was feeding a crowd!