Blackberries abound in fields and alongside country roads in late summer around here. It's fun to pick them, especially when we know this dessert will be the result.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 3/4 cup raspberry or apple juice
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately
- with milk just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking pan. Sprinkle with blackberries.
- Pour juice over all. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until
- golden brown. Serve warm; top with ice cream or cream if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.