Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
Blackberries abound in fields and alongside country roads in late summer around here. It's fun to pick them, especially when we know this dessert will be the result.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking pan. Sprinkle with blackberries. Pour juice over all. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm; top with ice cream or cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC