Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking pan. Sprinkle with blackberries. Pour juice over all. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm; top with ice cream or cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Blackberry Cobbler
"Absolutely YUMMY and super easy"
"i'm not that big on cobbler but this was great and SO easy.everyone loved it!"
"Very yummy!! Super easy too. I couldn't find just raspberry juice, I could only find Raspberry/Cranberry juice and used that. It came out great!"
"I've made this a few times and, so far, any juice I've used has been great."
"This was very good...I had fresh tart blackberries...next time I think I will add a little sugar to the berries...sprinkled sugar on top on the last 5 mins and it helped out a lot with the tartness."
"Very yummy and satisified the blackberry cravings we all were experiencing! Used a cran/grape juice instead of the ones listed and we doubled the recipe."
"Super easy to make, my family LOVED it! It's more of a cake batter than pie, but that just gave it a nice twist. I threw this together while making supper."
"Wonderful recipe and so simple to make! This can easily be prepared before dinner, and bake while you prepare your main meal. I've served it several times for company. Everyone loves the crust, and I've had numerous requests for the recipe. Even my father-in-law, famous in the family for his blackberry cobbler, has adopted this recipe. You can't go wrong with this dish!"