Blackberries abound in fields and alongside country roads in late summer around here. It's fun to pick them, especially when we know this dessert will be the result.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking pan. Sprinkle with blackberries. Pour juice over all. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm; top with ice cream or cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry Cobbler in Country June/July 1996, p49
Reviews for Blackberry Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review