- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup fresh blackberries, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a small bowl, mash 2 tablespoons berries. Add 1/4 cup broth, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon paprika and cumin.
- Place chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; pour broth mixture over the top. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, pepper and remaining paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Skim fat from pan drippings. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with remaining blackberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Blackberry Chicken
"This was really good! Not something I would eat all the time, but as an occasional twist to chicken--it's great!"
"Amazing! I made biscuits with this, and the sauce was one of the best dipping sauces of all time! I did use dried thyme, but then only about 1/4 of what was called for. I also used the spice mix to spice the chicken first, then poured over the sauce. IMO meat always needs to be spiced first. Absolutely going in the recipe book! Very festive."
"Looks like I'm the only one who didn't give it 5 stars. It was good but not exceptional in my opinion. I'd make it again but it's not going to be one of my go-to recipes."
"I made this last night but substituted half of the blackberries with blueberries and it was wonderful. Definitely recommending this one to my friends."