Blackberry Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup fresh blackberries, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. In a small bowl, mash 2 tablespoons berries. Add 1/4 cup broth, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon paprika and cumin.
- 2. Place chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; pour broth mixture over the top. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, pepper and remaining paprika.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 4. Skim fat from pan drippings. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with remaining blackberries. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 192 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Blackberry Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.