Sugar cookie dough is a speedy way to turn ricotta and mascarpone cheeses topped with blackberries into beautiful bars. — Terri Crandall, Gardnerville, Nevada
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto, optional
- 1 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 2-2/3 cups fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 5 minutes to soften. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla, lemon peel, citrus juices and, if desired, amaretto. Pour into crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Place spreadable fruit in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Spread over cheesecake layer; top with blackberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry Cheesecake Bars in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Reviews for Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review