- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple-orange juice
- 2 cups fresh blackberries and/or raspberries, divided
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to pastry shell. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Mash 1/2 cup berries; stir into juice mixture. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring several times. Fold in remaining berries. Spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blackberry Cheese Pie
Sort By :
Grand recipe. Got great raves with this dessert. Guests wanted recipe. Wouldn't change a thing except that I added half blueberries with half of raspberries at the end of recipe when it asked for remaining berries - good addition. This recipes will be added to a family favorite.
I would use different fruit
Haven't made it yet but I'm sure I will. Recipe says to ad to the sugar/corn starch mixture in the sauce pan.
I've never made so many pies in one summer - my boyfriend requests this at least once a week. I have to make two at a time just so the rest of us get some!
you left out of the instructions when to add the pineapple/orange juice. I am sure you meant to cook with sugar and cornstarch-but my 35 yr old daughter couldn't figure it out. Diane