Blackberry Cheese Pie Recipe
This pie is great to serve at church potlucks because it has a memorable taste and look. The citrus tang really goes well with the colorful berries and velvety cream cheese filling. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple-orange juice
- 2 cups fresh blackberries and/or raspberries, divided
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to pastry shell. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 4. Mash 1/2 cup berries; stir into juice mixture. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring several times. Fold in remaining berries. Spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- 5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Blackberry Cheese Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC