- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry or black cherry gelatin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, crushed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, oil and milk until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blackberries, coconut and pecans. Pour into three greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, cream butter in a small bowl. Add sugar and milk; beat until icing achieves desired consistency. Stir in the blackberries, coconut and pecans. Spread icing between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blackberry Cake
Sort By :
"Yum! this is so good, you can really taste the the pecans & blackberries even after it is baked."
"I didn't have raspberry jello so I substituted strawberry, also used almonds instead of pecans because it's all I had. This cake is wonderful, moiste, flavorful, and simple to make."
"OMG! Do not miss out on this cake! You will get rave reviews every single time you make it. By far this is my favorite cake ever, so moist and dense, the texture is nice and oh the flavor amazing. Just for cost reasons I omit the pecans but I'm sure it a wonderful addition."
"I love this recipe but I did make a change to it. I actually use lemon gelatin. It tastes less artificial to me. I make this cake several times a year. It is dense and moist and as I said, I love it. Would (and have) recommended it to others. One other thing I did differently. I actually use a lemon glaze in place of the frosting."