- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry or black cherry gelatin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, crushed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, oil and milk until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blackberries, coconut and pecans. Pour into three greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, cream butter in a small bowl. Add sugar and milk; beat until icing achieves desired consistency. Stir in the blackberries, coconut and pecans. Spread icing between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forBlackberry Cake
"Yum! this is so good, you can really taste the the pecans & blackberries even after it is baked."
"I didn't have raspberry jello so I substituted strawberry, also used almonds instead of pecans because it's all I had. This cake is wonderful, moiste, flavorful, and simple to make."
"I love this recipe but I did make a change to it. I actually use lemon gelatin. It tastes less artificial to me. I make this cake several times a year. It is dense and moist and as I said, I love it. Would (and have) recommended it to others. One other thing I did differently. I actually use a lemon glaze in place of the frosting."