Blackberry Breeze Pie
Gail Toepger knows that making dessert doesn't necessarily require heating up her Iron Rodge, Wisconsin kitchen. "This fluffy no-bake treat is simple to fix with gelatin, whipped topping and fresh berries," she remarks. "Or try it with peaches or mandarin oranges and coordinating gelatin flavors."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) black cherry or cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (8 to 10 inches)
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold
- water. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Gently fold in blackberries and whipped topping. Pour into crust.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece (prepared with sugar-free cherry gelatin, reduced-fat whipped topping and reduced-fat graham cracker crust) equals 130 calories, 4 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.