- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups fresh blackberries or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup blackberry wine or ruby port wine
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Additional blackberries and fresh basil, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the heavy cream, half-and-half cream and sugar. Sprinkle with gelatin; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Pour into six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the blackberries, sugar and wine. Bring to a boil; cook until mixture is thickened and reduced to about 1-1/4 cups. Remove from the heat; stir in basil and butter. Cool to room temperature.
- Unmold panna cotta onto dessert plates; serve with sauce. Garnish with additional blackberries and basil if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry-Basil Panna Cotta in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p48
Reviews for Blackberry-Basil Panna Cotta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review