Our home economists add even more fun to Halloween with these candy spiders resting on a chocolate cookie web. Little goblins will be delighted with these sweet treats.
Recommended: 25 Party Halloween Snacks
- Black shoestring licorice
- 12 grape Jujubes
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 24 red nonpareils
- 12 chocolate wafers
- Cut licorice into 96 pieces, about 1/2 in. long. Using a toothpick, poke one licorice piece about 1/8 in. into a candy. Repeat seven times to make eight spider legs. Repeat with remaining licorice pieces and candy.
- Melt chips in a microwave or heavy saucepan; stir until smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe two small dots on one candy and immediately place one nonpareil on each dot to create eyes. Repeat with remaining candies.
- Pipe a web on each chocolate wafer. Pipe a dot of melted vanilla chips onto the bottom of the spider and attach to wafer. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Black Widow Bites in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p244
Reviews for Black Widow Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review