- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped black walnuts
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and flour. Sprinkle into the pastry shell; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring the corn syrup, brown sugar and remaining sugar just to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Let cool for 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir eggs into hot mixture. Add walnuts and mix well. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until top is browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Black Walnut Pie in Country October/November 1995, p51
Reviews for Black Walnut Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2012
Very tasty. Added a teaspoon of vanilla with the sugar boil and a quarter teaspoon of salt.