Black Walnut Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped black walnuts or walnuts, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1-1/4 cups walnuts. Finely chop the remaining nuts.
- 2. Shape dough into two 15-in. rolls. Roll in chopped nuts, pressing gently. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 10 dozen.
2 each: 109 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Black Walnut Cookies
"they were okay seems to me there is to much flour in them I think cutting down on the flour would not make them dry!!!"
"These are very good. I cut the sugar down to one cup. And also cut the walnuts down to 1 cup too."
"My Dad gave me some Black walnuts, we normally don't care for black walnuts but made these for my Dad. They were so-o-o-o good. Then I lost the receipe again and plan to make them soon. Don't change a thing."