- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over
- medium heat. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and extract.
- Remove cake from pan to a wire rack. Poke holes in warm cake with a
- skewer; slowly pour syrup over cake. Cool completely before cutting.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 629 calories, 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.