This part of the Show Me State has an abundance of black walnuts, so these cookies certainly represent my region of the country. I created this recipe after a lot of experimentation...my family thinks they're a hit!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped black walnuts or walnuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter. Combine the flour, cornstarch and confectioners' sugar; add to butter and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Black Walnut Butter Cookies in Country April/May 1998, p51
Reviews for Black Walnut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2016
"Simple to make and tasty!"
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2015 Edited Jan. 5, 2015
"Does not make that many cookies, I downsized them to get 24 cookies. Other than that, they're very good. I would definitely recommend this recipe."
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2014