This part of the Show Me State has an abundance of black walnuts, so these cookies certainly represent my region of the country. I created this recipe after a lot of experimentation...my family thinks they're a hit!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped black walnuts or walnuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter. Combine the flour, cornstarch and confectioners' sugar; add to butter and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Black Walnut Butter Cookies in Country April/May 1998, p51
Reviews for Black Walnut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review