Black Walnut Brownies Recipe
These brownies, studded with big chunks of black walnuts, are crisp on top and chewy inside. Our friends have given this treat rave reviews, especially those in areas where black walnuts are hard to come by.—Catherine Berra Bleem, Walsh, Illinois
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped black walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 128 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC