Black Walnut Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped black walnuts
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Black Walnut Brownies(1)
Sort By :
This is a wonderful and really easy recipe .,black walnuts are are rare treat here in South Carolina. We have plenty of black walnut trees but nuts are small and hard as heck to get the nuts out.this recipe is a good use of nuts and only calls for 1/2 cup. The harsh andsometimes oily taste of ,these,nuts are usually used in only cakes and pound cakes. This is a really good new way to enjoy. I made these and my hubby who does not really care for nuts of any type,loved them and that is a good thing. He was a super sweetie pie and cleaned up,kitchen for me to make another batch because it only makes a 8'inch pan full and,he are them all but 2 at one setting. I got the two. Lol so if you want a happy,hubby and you got some black walnuts try these. The first batch I used shorting to grease the pan but second batch I used real butter and they tasted even better with the butter.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >