Black Raspberry Dumplings
These scrumptious dumplings are very easy to fix. I like to prepare them just before a meal and then set them aside to be served for dessert. They're good cold, too! This recipe is popular with our neighbors in states to the east.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 quart fresh or frozen black raspberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup milk
- Additional sugar, optional
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- In a 6-qt. pan, combine raspberries, 1 cup sugar, water and
- cornstarch; stir to blend. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce
- heat to low.
- Meanwhile, combine baking mix, milk and remaining sugar in a bowl.
- Mix until a soft dough forms. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto berries.
- Cook over low heat, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10-15
- minutes more, or until dumplings are cooked through.
- For glazed effect, sprinkle dumplings with additional sugar and a
- dash of nutmeg before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 292 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.