Black Raspberry Dumplings Recipe
- 1 quart fresh or frozen black raspberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups prepared baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- Additional sugar, optional
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a 6-qt. pan, combine raspberries, 1 cup sugar, water and cornstarch; stir to blend. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine baking mix, milk and remaining sugar in a bowl. Mix until a soft dough forms. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto berries. Cook over low heat, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes more, or until dumplings are cooked through.
- 3. For glazed effect, sprinkle dumplings with additional sugar and a dash of nutmeg before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 292 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Black Raspberry Dumplings
"This was very fast and easy. It was a very convenient dessert to make, and you can adjust the sugar to your taste. I cut it in half so I could use a 3-qt pan, and it worked fine. With some ice cream, this was a delicious way to enjoy the berries."