Black Raspberry Bubble Ring
I first made this pretty bread years ago for a 4-H project. It helped me win Grand Champion for my county and took me to the Ohio State Fair. It takes some time to make, but I pull out this recipe any time I want a breakfast or dessert that will really impress. —Kila Frank, Reedsville, Ohio
16 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless black raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, 1/4 cup
- sugar, 1/4 cup butter, egg, salt and 3-1/2 cups flour. Beat until
- smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 32
- pieces. Flatten each into a 3-in. disk. Place about 1 teaspoon of