Black Raspberry Bubble Ring Recipe
I first made this pretty bread years ago for a 4-H project. It helped me win Grand Champion for my county and took me to the Ohio State Fair. It takes some time to make, but I pull out this recipe any time I want a breakfast or dessert that will really impress. —Kila Frank, Reedsville, Ohio
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless black raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, egg, salt and 3-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 32 pieces. Flatten each into a 3-in. disk. Place about 1 teaspoon of preserves on the center of each piece; bring edges together and seal.
- 4. Place 16 dough balls in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Brush with half of the remaining butter; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Top with remaining balls, butter and sugar. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine syrup ingredients; pour over warm bread. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 1 loaf (16 wedges).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC