- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless black raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, egg, salt and 3-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 32 pieces. Flatten each into a 3-in. disk. Place about 1 teaspoon of preserves on the center of each piece; bring edges together and seal.
- Place 16 dough balls in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Brush with half of the remaining butter; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Top with remaining balls, butter and sugar. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine syrup ingredients; pour over warm bread. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 1 loaf (16 wedges).
Reviews for Black Raspberry Bubble Ring
"I just made this and I have to say it was pretty tasty. It was so fragrant while baking and I couldn't wait to try it. I decided to leave out the syrup mixture and I let it sit 10 minutes before digging in. The bread had the perfect amount of sweetness and was not dry. The only thing I want to change for my next attempt is to use blueberry jam instead. I felt like the one called for was too sweet and overpowered the bread."
"This was delicious!!! The only thing I did different was use seedless blackberry jam. It's what I had. Will definitely make this again, and again, and again.........YUM!"