"I once had a recipe for this cake from the early 1900's but lost it, so I adapted my grandma's pound cake recipe," relates field editor Sue Gronholz from Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pepper and extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating very well after each addition. Add flour alternately with cream and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Black Pepper Pound Cake in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p59
Reviews for Black Pepper Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review