- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pepper and extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating very well after each addition. Add flour alternately with cream and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Black Pepper Pound Cake
Sort By :
This may have replaced my favorite pound cake recipe. Everyone's favorite at my place. I upped the pepper to 3 tablespoons (yes we really like fresh ground pepper) and added 3 tablespoons of Limoncello and the juice of 2 lemons and zest. This one really pops!
Surprisingly delicious. I made it for a friend who devours pepper. Everyone loved this recipe. Just gives a little kick.
I didn't personally like it but it is a winner at my workplace. One co-worker in particular simply loves it. So I will be making it for her birthday this year. S.W...Chattanooga