- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, flour, baking powder and salt if desired. Add mushroom mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Black Hills Golden Egg Bake in Country Extra March 1999, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Black Hills Golden Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2014
This is one of my favorite breakfast items for when I have company. Everyone loves it all the time.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2013
Easy abd delicious