I developed this recipe when I was cooking for large groups of people. It's easy to make and gives you plenty of time to do other things while it's baking.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, flour, baking powder and salt if desired. Add mushroom mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Black Hills Golden Egg Bake in Country Extra March 1999, p51
Reviews for Black Hills Golden Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2014
"This is one of my favorite breakfast items for when I have company. Everyone loves it all the time."
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2013
"Easy abd delicious"