- minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into the prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or
- until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For chocolate filling, melt 1-1/2 bars of German chocolate in a heavy
- saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Stir in butter and nuts.
- Watching closely, cool filling just until it reaches spreading
- consistency. For cream filling, beat cream in a chilled large bowl
- until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla;
- beat until stiff peaks form.
- Split each cake into two horizontal layers. Place one layer on a
- serving plate; cover with half of the chocolate filling. Top with a
- second cake layer; spread on half of the cream filling. Repeat
- layers. Grate remaining German chocolate; sprinkle on the top. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 452 calories, 34 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.