- Place egg whites and almonds in separate shallow bowls. Roll dough
- into 1-in. balls. Coat in egg whites, then roll in almonds.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a
- wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each
- cookie. Fill with cherry mixture. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes
- or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.