- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until thickened, about 4 minutes. Blend in chocolate mixture. Stir in flour and mix well.
- Pour into crust; spread evenly. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread pie filling over the top.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and cream; stir until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over tart. Chill until set. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Black Forest Tart
Sort By :
So Good! It's surprisingly not over the top sweet like you think it would be...the inside is like a really light, fluffy chocolate cake! The sweetest part is definitely the cherry and I used chocolate graham crackers for the crust instead of wafers and turned out great! Goes great with coffee, huge hit, highly recommend!