Black Forest Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and flour. Stir in milk until smooth. Add butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Fold in half of the pie filling.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Just before serving, top with remaining pie filling and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Black Forest Pie
Sort By :
Very quick & easy, this is my holiday tradition which I make every Christmas, my family's favorite.
This was overall a descent pie. The regular pie crust actually didn't go well with rest, though. I will probably play with the crust and see if I can come up with something that fits together with the rest of the ingredients better. Aside from that, the filling was pretty good, and I absolutely love cherries.
Very delicious pie and quite easy to prepare. It will definitely be made again.
This pie was excellent and above what I expected. The pie filling tastes like homemade chocolate pudding and is scrumptious when topped with real whipped cream, it is my favorite pie! I highly reccomend it and have shared it with my friends. The pie is easy to make, fast to make, and delicious.
It was moist and delicious and not too sweet. And whipped cream should never be optional for this!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Black Forest Cake >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >