Black Forest Oatmeal Crisps Recipe
Although the recipe for my hearty chocolate-cherry novelties is sized right for a bake sale or cookie exchange, it can be cut in half for smaller gatherings.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped or 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped red candied cherries
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and extract. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 14 dozen.
2 each: 87 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Black Forest Oatmeal Crisps
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC