Black Forest Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Few things satisfy the sweet tooth like a slice of luscious pie. Desserts should not take a backseat to nutritious eating. This frozen dessert is a perfect example of how light ingredients can reduce the fat and calories without cutting back on taste.Beth Ask, Ulster, Pennsylvania
- 1 prepared chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 3-1/2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 2 whole chocolate graham crackers, broken into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Fill crust with scoops of ice cream. Top with dollops of pie filling. Insert graham cracker pieces between scoops. Invert plastic cover from crust and place over pie.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Drizzle with fudge topping. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Black Forest Ice Cream Pie in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p9
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Forest Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Black Forest Cake >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >