Black Forest Fudge Sauce Recipe
I've used this velvety fudge sauce studded with cherries for years, and everyone raves about it's addicting taste. This fudge sauce is so scrumptious that I could just eat it with a spoon!—Linda Pace, Lees Summit, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Ice cream
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sour cream, sugar and cocoa. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Stir in cherries and extracts. Serve warm over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without ice cream) equals 126 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC