- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Ice cream
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sour cream, sugar and cocoa. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Stir in cherries and extracts. Serve warm over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Black Forest Fudge Sauce
"Just made your fudge sauce ..... me thinks you exaggerated a wee bit ..... the cocoa powder needs butter sweetie, even though it contains sour cream, I also added about half the cherry juice ..... Otherwise the only way to taste the cherry flavor is bitting into the cherries ..... other than that ..... Linda, you did yourself proud!! It's a keeper folks! add 2 tbsps. butter, yum"