- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Ice cream
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sour cream, sugar and cocoa. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Stir in cherries and extracts. Serve warm over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Black Forest Fudge Sauce in 100 Best Desserts 2012 2012
Reviews for Black Forest Fudge Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review