Black Forest Frozen Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat Oreo cookies (about 10 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 cups black cherry-vanilla swirl frozen yogurt blend
- 3 cups reduced-fat chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 12 mint sprigs
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookies and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Drain cherries, reserving syrup. Cover and refrigerate syrup. Chop half of the cherries; refrigerate whole cherries. Spread frozen yogurt evenly over crust; sprinkle with chopped cherries. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes. Spread ice cream over cherries; cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved cherry syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and whole cherries.
- 4. Remove sides of springform pan; cut dessert into slices. Serve with sauce. Garnish with whipped topping and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice with 1 tablespoon sauce and 1 tablespoon whipped topping equals 193 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.