Black Forest Freezer Pie
A delightful dessert is never far off when you have this layered ice cream pie in the freezer. For variety, I sometimes use strawberry pie filling and a chocolate crust. —Angie Helms, Pontotoc, Mississippi
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 pint chocolate or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, chilled
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Spoon ice cream into pie crust; cover and freeze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners'
- sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Set aside 1-1/2 cups
- for garnish.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over ice cream. Using the back
- of a spoon, make an 8-in.-diameter well in the center of the pie for
- pie filling. Pipe reserved cream cheese mixture around pie.
- Cover and freeze 3-4 hours or until firm. May be frozen up to 2
- months. Just before serving, spoon pie filling into the well;
- drizzle with chocolate syrup. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 520 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium,