Black Forest Freezer Pie Recipe
- 1 pint chocolate or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, chilled
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1. Spoon ice cream into pie crust; cover and freeze 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for garnish.
- 3. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over ice cream. Using the back of a spoon, make an 8-in.-diameter well in the center of the pie for pie filling (do not add filling). Pipe reserved cream cheese mixture around pie.
- 4. Cover and freeze 3-4 hours or until firm. May be frozen up to 2 months. Just before serving, spoon pie filling into the well; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 520 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Black Forest Freezer Pie
"I often have frozen desserts in my freezer when it comes time to have dessert auctions at our church. This one will go on my list. Thanks"